Which Types of Eyelash Extensions Are Right for You?
Faux Mink Eyelash Extensions
Price ranking: Most expensive
The look: Ultra-natural. These blend seamlessly into your real lashes, making them the least detectable of all the types of eyelash extensions.
Pros: They’re soft and extremely lightweight, so much so that you can apply multiple mink hairs to a single eyelash (a process known as volume lashes). They’re also cruelty-free. Minks aren’t harmed in any way when these get made; their coats just get brushed and the resulting hairs are then sterilized.
Cons: Aside from being the most expensive type of extensions, mink lashes need to be applied the most slowly. A technician who picks up a mink extension improperly will snap it with her tweezers. If you’re strapped for time this isn’t the best option.
Good to know: Many salons use faux mink extensions, which are heavier than real mink, but can hold a curl better. Faux mink extensions are similar to silk extensions, just a bit thicker.
Silk Eyelash Extensions
Price ranking: Medium
The look: Deep black with a slight shine. These are perceptibly fake if the person gets really, really close to you.
Pros: Their silky texture makes them especially comfortable against your face. They’re lightweight, too, though a bit heavier than real mink lashes. Because they’re so dark, many people with silk extensions skip mascara.
Cons: If you want your lashes to be undetectable, this isn’t the style for you. Splurge on mink.
Good to know: Silk eyelash extensions aren’t made from silk fibers; rather, they’re made from a synthetic material. They’re the most common of all the types of lash extensions.
Synthetic Acrylic Eyelash Extensions
Price ranking: Least expensive
The look: Thick, black lashes. These are the most obviously fake, but they still look great!
Pros: This style is the most dramatic, and holds its curl very well. It’s especially great for people who want to try extensions without spending a fortune.
Cons: Of the three styles, these lashes are made of the coarsest fiber, which can make them feel itchy on the face. They’re also the heaviest—weak natural lashes often can’t support acrylic extensions. Plus, they don’t stay on as long as silk or mink extensions.
Good to know: This was the first style to cross over from the fashion world to the mainstream.
- Poly fiber mink lash placed one by one to each natural lash, providing a light, natural look for everyday.
- Fans (cluster of 4-8 poly fiber4 mink lash) placed with adhesive on each natural lash in a variety of lengths.
- Using ultra light lashes, multiple lashes are applied to each natural lash creating the ultimate set of full and fluffily lashes.
- This set is suitable for you if you have spare natural lashes, where extra coverage and a soft fluffy look is needed, and if you desire a more glamorous, darker and thicker looking set.
A complete luxurious facial experience designed to achieve & maintain a beautiful, healthy complexion. My customized facial gives your skin renewed energy and a healthy glow.
- Cleansing, exfoliating with facial brush, 20 minute massage with cream, extractions (if needed), 24k Gold eye treatment, lip treatment, mask & hand massage
A complete facial experience intended for a teen! Everyone deserves to be pampered.
- Cleansing. toning, extracting (if needed), mask, scalp massage, hand massage
Your treatment will be customized to meet your specific needs. Begins with a deep pore cleanse to finishing with a custom two layer mask, moisturizer and eye cream.
- Deep cleaning, toning, exfoliating, 15 minute massage, mask, hair massage
This potent exfoliation accelerates the removal of dead outer layers of skin, rendering your skin smooth, clear and soft. This offers resurfacing that does not require any down time so you can enjoy your everyday lifestyle.
- Cleansing, toning, chemical peel, 15 minute massage, mask, hand mask
This relaxing back facial begins with a relaxing deep cleaning. followed by steam exfoliation to polish away dullness. Deep tissue massage while your hydrating mask makes you slip into another world. Stress relieving treatment that will make you relax and your skin radiate.
- Cleansing, exfoliating with brush, 25 minute massage with steam, mask, hand massage